Asking for a flexible work arrangement at your current job is the fastest way to get more flexibility and time freedom. Apply the advice in the articles below.
- How Many Days Working from Home Should You Request?
- “If I Let YOU Telecommute…” How to Handle the Objection
- How to Telecommute Long-Distance and Full-Time
- Copy Page 1 of Your Telecommuting Proposal
- Resource: Telecommuting Proposal Package
Compressed Work Week
- Pros and Cons of CWW as a Flexible Work Arrangement
- The Four-Day Cure for Burn-out
- Copy Page 1 of Your Compressed Work Week Proposal
- Resource: Compressed Work Week Proposal Package
- How and When to Find a Job Sharing Partner
- How to Choose the Right Job Sharing Partner
- Four Compelling Employer Advantages of Job Sharing
- Copy Page 1 of Your Job Sharing Proposal
- Resource: Job Sharing Proposal Package
- How to Cut Your Hours and Keep Close to Full-time Pay
- 3 Ways to Go Part-time Without Going Broke
- How to Go Part-time for Part of the Year
- Copy Page 1 of Your Part-time Proposal
- Resource: Part-time Proposal Package
You can mix and modify the above four categories of flexible work to match your needs. Need help? Give me 30 minutes and I’ll give you fresh ideas for a flexible work life.
Look for a NEW Job with Flexibility
This is a harder path to job flexibility, but these steps can help smooth the way.
- How to Find a Flexible New Job
- How to Negotiate Flexibility During a New Job Interview
- I recommend FlexJobs, a premium job listings service for professionals
Maternity Leave: Get More Paid Time Off
I’ve developed steps and resources to guide you through the maze of maternity leave.